Giving Me uses small text files called cookies, and local storage technologies, so that we can improve your online experience – for example by remembering you when you come back to visit us, and making the content you see more relevant to you.
A cookie is a piece of information which a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. The browser saves the information and sends it back to the website server whenever the browser returns to the website.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies are cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
We use Session Cookies:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- To compile statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
We use Persistent Cookies:
- To display your name.
- We may use other Persistent Cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to monitor your use of our website. This will allow us to tailor the content of certain areas of our site and offer you promotions that match your preferred interests.